Thursday, July 14, 2011

Angel potholders for PP7

An oven mitt and a pinch potholder for Liz at Living my Sweet Life!  Poor Liz waited and waited for her original potholders to arrive from the PP7 swap, but they never did, so here are a couple that I whipped up for her.  I loved making the oven mitt in particular.  It was a bit theraputic quilting the fabric. :)  Please excuse the poor pictures.  The lighting has been terrible for a few days.


For my oven mitt, I used this tutorial.  It is really great, but I would sew my binding on differently next time.  Instead of trying to catch the inside with the stitch in the ditch from the front, I would sew it to the inside before turning and then hand stitch it to the front.  It was just too tight on my machine to get it right doing it the other way.  I would also suggest serging or zigzagging the inside before turning.  It was really a fun little project to make that didn't take too long.  I'm thinking about using this for some Christmas gifts this year with some hand-written recipes.  They would be great teacher gifts!

The pinch potholder is a Keyka Lou pattern.  She really has some cute stuff.  I bought her reusable bag pattern, too, but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet.  I work best under pressure I guess.  :)

The fabric that I used was Anna Maria Horner's Bubble Burst and Michael Miller's Mimi Gingham.  I think they went really well together.  I lined the oven mitt with some navy dotted fabric that was really nice, but obviously, you can't see the inside.  Next time I will use something a little more plain and not so expensive.
I hope they will work well for Liz!

5 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Thank you so much for doing this Jamie. It was a huge help. I don't know what happened with the postal system this round. I have never seen so many missing packages!

Yvonne said...

Cute pot holders Jamie. They look like a fun project.

Synnove said...

Cute pot holders! You used very nice fabrics.
I totally agree with you, the Keyka Lou patterns are great! I have made lots of pouches and bags with them, and I'm always very pleased with how easy, accurate and clear the patterns are.

I hope you are enjoying summer!
Big hugs:-)

Karen said...

So adorable! I have the same reusable bag pattern but I haven't tried it yet either. Might have to bust it out tomorrow night for the Friday Night Sew In :) Love your fabric choices :)

omgroupco said...

infra construction company in india
infra construction