Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Where have I been?

So, it has been quite a while since I've sat down to post something substantial.  I promise I haven't been sitting around being lazy...quite the contrary.  

For the past two years I have been adjusting to my new role as the Family and Consumer Sciences teacher at my high school. 
(Haha!  Obviously a posed picture of me ironing a whole lot of nothing!)

German was phased out and as sad as that is, I am so lucky to have been given the chance to teach yet another subject that I LOVE!!  I actually get paid to teach kids how to sew, cook, live a productive life and be good parents.  It doesn't get much better than that! It surely has been keeping me busy.  It's kind of like having a whole other house and family. I'll talk more about that in a different post. 

I missed blogging and making stuff that didn't pertain to school, so I recently had the genius idea (haha!) to combine the two.  My blog will still be my creative space, but maybe with a slightly different focus.  I can't wait to give you a glimpse into the day in the life of the Home Ec teacher!  I can show you all what I am doing with my students in class and hopefully as I learn the tricks of my new trade, I will have more time to sew things that aren't for school, too, that I can share. 

Sewing still remains my passion!  I have done a little sewing for a local craft fair and I  just joined the #blackandwhitequiltswap on Instagram.  That is the first sewing swap that I've done in years.  I'm so excited to start!  It feels so good to get back to what I love to do!  I hope you'll continue to follow along with me on my journey.  

3 comments:

Maria said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you do I. Your day at school...
Have fun in your swap...that's how I meet you ,in a swap many years ago...

logistics service in india said...

logistics india ship their products to a variety of locations throughout the country without any hassle.
logistics company

omgroupco said...

air cargo services delhi And they carry out all of these logistical operations in more than 50 countries around the world.
best warehousing companies in india