Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let It Snow, Snowman!- Bloggers Pillow Party

Okay, so in the midst of the baby coming a bit early and our holiday being a bit disrupted this year due to pregnancy I am a bit late with this post.  I also didn't get to retake photos during the daylight of my cute little snowman pillow that I made for my mom for Christmas.  This is also my entry into the Bloggers Pillow Party for January.  Be sure to check out all the rules for that super cool contest at Stitched in Color.

My parents were coming up on the 30th of December to celebrate Christmas with us, but I ended up in the hospital that very same day and had our precious new Baby M who never sleeps between 12AM and 2AM.  He is still adorable though!  :-)

So long story short, I have crappy pillow pictures because my mom already took the pillow home (3 hours away) before I got out of the hospital.  I actually had to wrap the pillow after I knew I was in labor, but I didn't think I should take time to photagraph it, too.  Sorry fellow bloggers!  North western PA weather in the winter is just not condusive to taking pictures.


The pillow is made with some fantastic Deb Strain fabric.  I absolutely love it and wish I could have gotten to the new year sale at my LQS to stock up on it for next year's projects.  I also did the snowman stitchery all in blue on quilted muslin, which is much thicker than regular muslin.  I really like how it gives it stability and texture.  I think the stitching looks great next to the dark blue fabric.  I simply quilted 4 lines around the outside of the stitchery.
But best of all, my mom loves it!

15 comments:

Wendy said...

fab pillow! I love the stitchery and it goes really well with the fabric. The thick muslin makes it look kind of snowy

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

cute pillow, and adorable snowman!
thanks for visiting

Ruby Star said...

This looks lovely, nice stitching. I hear you about the photography, it's wet seaon here so hard to take a good picture. Thanks for dropping by my blog x

Unknown said...

I always love a good snowman! This pillow is adorable!

CityHouseStudio said...

Love your pillow, too!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

better search engine ranking google seo backlink service backlink checker

Anonymous said...

modifiedmix.blogspot.com published here No other service offers you speedier plus a whole much bigger approvals than Immediate Mortgage

Anonymous said...

modifiedmix.blogspot.com view publisher site I rarely left our apartment rather than had a great deal as fifty cents within my pocket

Anonymous said...

modifiedmix.blogspot.com they said For those willing to take on more risk, you'll find also exchanges for example London's Alternative Investment Market which lists up and coming companies where there is a potential for bigger gains, but by it a higher chance of company failures and therefore losses

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just would like to give you a huge thumbs up for the great information you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]xrumer[/url]

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! I don't believe I've read something like that before. So good to discover another person with original thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is required on the web, someone with a bit of originality!

[url=http://truebluepokies4u.com]get the best deals here[/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.