Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Picnic on the farm

Over the weekend we took the boys to my parents to stay for a week.  Rumor has it, they are having a great time and my husband and I are enjoying a bit of peace and quiet.  It sure is strange without them around though.  I miss them a lot! (Mom, don't let them know this!! lol )
We also went to a family picnic at my uncle's farm.  It was such a beautiful day and the fresh country air did us all some good.  The boys were excited to take a buggy ride (or two or three). 
Here is cousin Jim hooking up the horse with the boys anxiously waiting.

And they're off!


Super hubby got in on the action, too.  Here he is next to the horse, General.


We ended the evening with a fabulous walk through one of the fields up to the woods. 



Sometimes going home makes me even more homesick.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I agree totally about going home making one even more homesick. It looks like a very nice place to live especially with two young boys. Lots of room to roam.

Unknown said...

I used to always miss the kids something terrible when they were away too....it just seems so quiet! The buggy rides are awesome.....What a great place for a summer picnic!