Monday, December 20, 2010

Scraps from projects past...last minute Christmas gifts


I needed a little something to stick in with some other gifty things that I had made for some friends, so in an attempt to use up some scraps I made bookmarks.  All of the recipients are avid readers, so I'm sure they will come in handy for them.  I love using scraps because it brings back memories of other things that I have made.  Most of these fabrics were made into pillows and bags and potholders at some point.


I also made this rice bag which was inspired by my achy, pregnant body.


I think that this will be my gift to myself this year.  Again, these were scraps from a past project, Potholder Pass 4.  I loved the fabrics, so I am glad that I can now enjoy them myself. 
I filled a tube of muslin with rice and put it in the outer case.  The end closure is velcro.  I would have liked to use an invisible zipper, but I didn't have one on hand.  Now, just a few minutes in the microwave and I'll be feeling good!  Only four more weeks to go!  I can make it!

No comments: