Sunday, April 18, 2010

A new tote for me!!

My new school tote... now I can feel extra happy heading off to school each morning.  Pretty soon I will be happy sleeping in once summer vacation gets here though!  Only 35 days of school left, but who's counting?!?
Anyway, this is what I worked on for FNSI.  The pattern is from Heather Ross's book, Weekend Sewing.  If you haven't checked it out, you don't know what you are missing!  I used some of my African stash as well as some luxurious chocolate brown corduroy.  I love it!
Here is a peek inside.  It does have a pocket.


And this beauty here is the source of my despair... welcome to springtime!  If only I could breathe!!!
But isn't it pretty!?!

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

that bag is adorable!!! i love the cord you did too!! as you know im a cord addict :)
i got my email too about the pillow swap. cant wait to start drumming up ideas! 35 days left of school...i shouldve been a teacher. LOL

Maria said...

Love your bag and I agree with Bobbi. The cord looks great.

I have also got my parteners info so can start to think of ideas.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great tote! I love corduroy too! :-)