Monday, December 6, 2010

Sewin' While It's Snowin'

As a teacher, I do love my surprise snow days.  I love settling in and being all cozy with a hot drink and my sewing.  (My fighting kids, not so much.  Will they ever just get along??)  Even though there was fighting, I was pretty productive today.  I found a pretty table runner called "City Windows"  on the Moda Bakeshop website for my awesome Twelve Days of Christmas Charm Pack that I won from Bobbi and Heidi during a Friday Night Sew In. 


There was only one problem... The back was way to pretty to put on the back! Have you ever had this happen?  So, one table runner turned into two table runners and I used a snowman print on the back of both. My loving 7 year old picked out the fabric from my small Christmas stash.  It doesn't really match the front, but it is cute.  I don't think anyone will turn them over anyway.  

Now I have one for my table and one to send to someone special!  And it is still snowing like crazy!  Could there be another sewing day tomorrow??  I still have a few Christmas gifts to sew.  It sounds like a good idea to me.

And in baby boy news, only 6 more weeks to go!


2 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Nice runners! How nice that you had a relaxing snow day! My son (same age) also likes to help pick out fabrics but I am often not nice enough to go along with his choices!

Bobbi said...

very cute runner! 6 weeks is it??? WOOHOO. im jealous, because brand new babies are my favorite. even if they do keep you up all night. :)