Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sew-in results from Friday!

Ok, so this is what I accomplished last night during the sew-in with fellow sewers from Heidi's blog.  Still a WIP, but starting to shape up and look like something. I can't wait to see what everyone else created!



Obviously I am not finished with it, but I am a lot farther along that I was when it was just some strippy squares. I got the idea for this table runner from John at The Quilt Dad .  His work is absolutely beautiful!  The table runner was featured at the Moda Bake Shop . He calls it "Turning Corners".  His was pinwheels, which I had planned to do, but it just looked better as stripes.  I'm off to buy some fabric for the back and some batting today.
Hopefully I can finish this soon, but the weekend is looking a little too busy for that.  If all the snow isn't melted by afternoon we will be off to a sled- riding party.  Have a terrific Saturday!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I love your table runner with the Birdie fabrics. I think I'm going to go the Moda Bake Shop and look for that pattern.

Cath Ü said...

I love what you did in the Friday night sew in... I will have to go and get that pattern too...
Cath Ü

Sandy said...

I love the bright fabrics in your quilt...great Sew-In.

Jamie said...

Thanks for checking out my project! It sure was fun to participate in the sew-in. I'm going to head over and see what you all were working on.

Bobbi said...

VERY CUTE!!! im SO glad you are in the friday night club!!! its just nice knowing you have set a time aside to sew. it gives me a push!