Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Potholders complete!

Well, I almost passed my deadline for Potholder Pass 2, but just in time I have them completed.  I'm almost embarrassed to show them, but I will.  Let's just say that I'm learning.  
These are the first things I've ever done machine binding on.  I've always done it by hand before.  I hope my swap partner won't be too offended.  I did have fun though, and I'm sure that my next attempt will be much neater!  I also sent along a little tea towel that I made from weaver's cloth and some of the binding fabric.  I think it turned out really cute.
The fabric that I used was Soiree honeybun from Moda.  I really like the springtime feel it has.  I am all about springtime right now.  Just waiting for that warm weather and the birds chirping!  The binding is a batik polka dot that I picked up at JoAnn's.  I really like it and you might be seeing it again soon in another project! 

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

those are really CUTE Jamie!!! dont be ashamed, its all learning for us. im pounding mine right now! talk about last minute....

Heidi said...

They look awesome!!! Yummy homemade goodness!

Amy Friend said...

They look great! Potholders are a good thing to practice on. That's one of the reasons I picked potholders! Try something new on each pair :)

Teresa said...

I saw these on Flickr and loved them, now I know it's you. I'm learning