Monday, March 14, 2011

More potholders and a mugrug!

A few posts back I showed my friend Bobbi a sneak peek of these babies.  She received them on Friday, so now I can post their entire picture.


These spawned out of PP6 since Bobbi didn't quite make it into the swap, we decided to do our own swap.  I chose to do pinwheels since I remembered her saying that she liked them in a post way back.  I like to make pinwheels, too.  They are really fun!




We also decided to exchange a mugrug.  This is my very first mugrug as well as my very first attempt at free motion quilting.  Bobbi likes owls, so I chose some Hooty Hoot and put it with some scraps from a 12 Days of Christmas charm pack that Bobbi gave me last year.  In the center of the mugrug, I tried to write her name with the quilting.  It didn't turn out so great, but I've heard that famous saying, "Practice makes perfect!".  Let's hope so!







4 comments:

Amy Friend said...

What a fun swap! I hope Bobbi will sign up in time for PP7! I love the way you used so many shades of brown in the potholders.

Synnove said...

I really like your potholders and the mug rug! Nice choice of fabrics and for a first try at free motion quilting you did really great!
Swaps are so much fun:-)

Bobbi said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE them too!!! jamie your the best!

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cute projects!