Sunday, January 3, 2010

The first project of 2010



So they might be really simple, but why start out too difficult.  Here are the pillow cases that I made yesterday.  I got the idea from the travel pillow tutorial  on The Creative Juices of Ariel blog.  This is one of my favorite blogs.  You should definitely check it out if you like to create!
I made these with myself in mind, as I am loving owls at the moment, but I had two little boys asking me if they were for them.  I talked them out of it by promising them some with a fishing theme and a car theme.  They are really quick to whip up, so maybe I'll tackle that today. I'm looking forward to actually putting a pillow form in them too, but it hasn't quit snowing here for days and I can't seem to make myself step outside.  Spring is just around the corner, right??

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love them!! I am really into owls lately, too, oddly enough! From the fact that we didn't have school today, I'd say winter's not going anywhere right now; bleh! Maybe see you tomorrow??