Sunday, January 31, 2010

Valentine wreath!

I see it has been almost a week since I have posted anything. Where did that week go???  It has been pretty hectic between my own activities and the kid's activities.  My son had his first basketball game on Saturday.  We got creamed, but he was okay with it because we went out to eat afterward.  

I have been busy at school with our Handmade for Haiti silent auction.  It is going well, so we decided to extend it through this week.

If my potholder pass buddy is reading this, not to fear, you haven't been forgotten.  That is my sewing priority for this week.  I'll post those after I am sure she has gotten them in the mail.  I don't want to spoil her surprise!

Somewhere in between all of our running I realized that I still had mistletoe hanging up.  (How in the world did that happen?!?)  Anyway I took that down and I decided not to let Valentine's Day go by without at least one special decoration, so here it is, my Valentine wreath.


I had great hopes of making it very cutsie, but I didn't have anything on-hand.  I may add some hearts or XOXOs at some point.  I must give credit to Jen at Tatertots and Jello  for this idea.  If you are interested in making one yourself check out her tutorial.  They are made with lots of hot glue and cupcake wrappers.  You would think by age 33 one wouldn't burn herself so much with the hot glue!

No comments: